The ICEA General Assembly is the maximum governing body of the Association and its decisions are fully binding on all members.
The Assembly meets annually (AGM) to examine and approve, as the case may be, the Annual Report, Balance Sheet and Profit and Loss Statement for the preceding year, as well as the Budget and the Programme of Activities for the following year and any other matter included on the Agenda. Every member has the right to one vote.
Board of Trustees
The Board of Trustees is answerable to the General Assembly and comprised of a minimum of ten and a maximum of twenty members.
The Trustees are freely chosen by the General Assembly from among the representatives proposed by the member companies, with each serving for a period of 6 years and able to be re-elected for successive periods of 6 years without limitation.
The Board of Trustees shall elect a Chairperson from among their number to serve a mandate of 3 years, with the possibility of re-election for a maximum of one period of equal duration.
The Board of Trustees shall have the following functions:
- Convoking meetings of the General Assembly.
- Preparation of the Annual Report, Balance Sheet and Profit and Loss Statement for the preceding year, as well as the Budget and the Programme of Activities for submission to the General Assembly for approval, as the case may be.
- Proposal of the annual dues.
- Negotiate and sign agreements with other research companies, national or foreign, that it may deem appropriate in compliance with the mission of the Association and submission of said agreements to the General Assembly for approval, as the case may be.
- Annually submit such information to the Administrative Agencies and Competent Authorities as may be requested or required thereby pursuant to applicable regulations or standards.
- Set the general conditions for membership in the Association and approve, when appropriate, the applications presented for new membership.
- Approve the Annual Action Plan.
- Oversee the execution of the said Plan and the results obtained.
- In general, such research and study functions as may require its intervention or ar in the best interest of the Association.
- Propose, for the approval of the General Assembly, the amendment of the Bylaws and Regulations of the Association.
- Delegate its powers to such extent as deemed appropriate to one or more than the members of the Board or to a General Director and to revoke any such delegations.
ICEA members can consult the by-laws of the Association by downloading the following file: